I started my weight-loss journey at the very end of July 2009. After breaking a toilet seat. Yeah. A toilet seat. At my first Weight Watchers meeting, I weighed 271 pounds. I was horrified and ready for a change. So I focused hard on changing my eating habits. And then slowly worked walking and exercise into the picture. When I hit my 50-pound loss mark, I rewarded myself by hiring a personal trainer.
Here I am now, down 100 pounds — give or take, depending on the day. But much more importantly than losing that weight, I’ve gained a life. I’m so much happier and healthier now. I am twice the person I was when I weighed nearly twice as much. I’m also a runner.
My blog focuses on my life — and all it entails, the good, the bad and the (really) ugly. It’s about health, fitness and training; it’s about food, exercise and, of course, weight loss. And it’s (a lot) about running. But, really, it’s about life. There’ll even be some icky, smooshy, love stuff. Oh, yes, and baby talk — Mr. B and I are expecting our first in early fall 2013. And we couldn’t be more excited.
If you’re interested, come join me on DailyMile, where I track my training.
I’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me your questions or comments to thatsalljoywrote (a) yahoo (dot) com.
Want to know more?
Here are some links to some articles the further explore my weight-loss efforts and healthy living journey:
- Born Again, The Grand Traverse Insider, May 2012
- Embarrassing event sparks Comstock Park woman to drop 100 pounds, earn Michigan honor, Grand Rapids Press | MLive, April 2012
- Inspirational Journey, The Grand Traverse Insider, August 2011
- Comstock Park woman named Fitness Ambassador, Advance Newspapers, August 2011
- Kim Focused on Healthy Choices and Lost 100 Pounds, The Huffington Post/AOL, August 2011